What to expect at your first visit to West Michigan Cardiology, PC:
1. You will be greeted by our friendly front desk staff who will register you for your appointment.
- Our front desk staff will obtain your up to date insurance information, make a copy of your valid ID, collect any copayment that is due through your insurance, and make a copy of your medication list.
- Your completed pre-registration paperwork will be collected for one of our providers to further review with you in detail during your visit.
2. One of our highly trained medical assistants will take you to a patient room where you will undergo the following:
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements
- Review of your past medical, surgical, social and family histories. Review of your allergies
- Review and update all of your medications
- Obtain an EKG if needed
3. Evaluation by one of our board-certified cardiologist AND one of our mid-level providers (PA/NP).
- Extensive review and discussion of your past history and medications
- Discussion of your symptoms
- Extensive physical exam
- Review of all of your laboratory studies
- Review and discussion of all prior cardiac testing procedures
4. Collaboration between you, your cardiologist, and one of our mid-level providers (PA/NP) to create a unique treatment plan for your cardiovascular health.
- Based on insurance restrictions some tests may need to be scheduled for a different date, but on occasion, testing can be done in the office same day. You should be prepared for either case.
5. Finally, you will check out with our front desk staff. They will assist you in scheduling future testing, procedures, and appointments.
- After each visit, you will receive a detailed summary of all of your medications, planned testing or procedures, and current medical diagnoses.